RPNow: Microphone Check Unsuccessful
Posted by Roger Creek, Last modified by Steve Carabuena on 03 January 2019 01:30 PM
If you get a Microphone Check Unsuccesful message with the screen below, please follow the steps under Troubleshooting.
1. Check that there are no headsets, headphones, or earbuds plugged into the machine
2. Open Control Panel
3. From “Small Icon” view select “Sounds”
4. Click the Recording Tab
5. Right-click your preferred Microphone and select Properties
6. Under the General Tab locate “Device Usage” and make sure it’s set to “Use this device (enable)”
7. Select the Levels Tab
8. Make sure the Microphone is turned up
9. Make sure the Microphone is not muted
a. Check that you do not see a red “NO”/”Prohibition” sign in the Microphone icon next to volume.
10. Launch RPNow and attempt the Microphone check
If you continue to experience issues, please contact us back.