RPNow: Unable to download/install RPNow
Posted by Roger Creek, Last modified by Steven Mark Carabuena on 04 September 2018 07:01 PM
If you are unable to download the Remote Proctor software and you meet the minimum System Requirements, please try the steps below.
Confirm the device you are using is supported. You can check the System Requirements for a list of the supported Operating Systems and Devices.
NOTE: Tablets, 2 in 1 devices, Chromebooks, etc.. are not supported.
1. Temporarily disable your Anti-Virus/Firewall software. You may have to refer to the Anti-Virus/Firewall Manufacturer if you are unfamiliar with the steps to disable your Anti-Virus/Firewall software. NOTE: This only needs to be disabled temporarily and can be enabled once you have completed the exam.
1. Open the following Directory: C:\Users\<<username>>\AppData\Local\Apps
2. Delete the "2.0" folder
3. Disable any Anti-Virus/Firewall program installed on your machine.
4. Download the Remote Proctor software
5. Right Click the Setup.exe file and select "Run as Administrator"
If you are still unable to download or run the Remote Proctor Software, please contact us. You can locate the correct number for support here.
In some instances the Download Progress Window does not close, despite the file downloading completely. If the Download Progress Window appears to stall, or freeze, or if you are unable to download the files for any reasons, please follow the steps below.