RPNow-Software Quits Unexpectedly or Flash Issues when using a Mac
Posted by Roger Creek, Last modified by Roger Creek on 06 March 2015 10:43 AM
If you are using a Mac and the software quits unexpectedly, or you have any other issues related to Flash, please try the steps below to revert to a previous version of Flash.
1. Open Safari
2. Download the Flash Uninstall Utility at the URL below:
3. Locate the Flash Uninstall Utility in the Downloads Folder and Double-click
NOTE: You can click the Downloads Button in Safari to locate the Utility
4. Double-click the Uninstaller icon in the new window to run the uninstaller. If you see a message asking if you want to open the uninstaller file, click Open.
5. When the uninstaller starts, click Uninstall.
6. Close all browsers.
a. Either click the browser name in the Uninstaller dialog box, or close each browser manually and then click Retry.
7. When you see the message notifying you that the “Adobe Flash Player was removed from your system”, click Done.
8. Delete the following Flash Player Directories:
NOTE: The Library Folder is hidden by default. To show the Library Folder please follow the steps below:
A.) Open Finder and navigate to Applications / Utilities/
B.) Under the Utilities Folder locate "Terminal" and double-click to launch it.
C.) Type the following command into Terminal without the quotation marks “chflags nohidden ~/Library”
D.) Press Enter on your Keyboard to run the command. You should now be able to view the Library Folder.
<home directory>/Library/Preferences/Macromedia/Flash/ Player
<home directory>/Library/Caches/Adobe/Flash/ Player
9. Navigate to the URL below to confirm that Flash is uninstalled:
NOTE: Do NOT Download Flash from this page if prompted!
10. Download the following Archived version of Flash from the URL below:
11. Launch the Remote Proctor software and test that the issue is solved.
If you continue to experience issues, please contact us back for further assistance.